Friday, February 23, 2007

BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER 'A'



As the buzz picks up here, the post of the day is brought to you by the letter 'A'- as in agent. With a book negotiation in the works with a small publisher and a bit of a higher profile with some national clips; I'm considering shopping for agents for the first time in my career.

It's a big step but it also seems like the right one. It wouldn't hurt to have a sidekick or pitbull or partner when talking to publications and publishers. Plus, it would be nice to know someone that can work a BlackBerry.

I'm also starting to find that publications want to know you're in demand. It's not that you're unavailable, you're just occupied with another high-profile piece; but you think you could make time for a decent per-word rate. After all, a guy with an agent has got to be busy.

I just imagine my agent being something like this.

No comments: